The Warm Audio WA73-EQ is a single-channel, Class-A microphone preamp and equalizer designed to provide up to 80 dB of gain and 3-band EQ for engineers, producers, musicians, and vocalists in mobile-recording rigs and home, project, and commercial studios. It features custom Carnhill transformers and is wired and assembled by hand to deliver the sound and functionality of classic British ’73-style preamps.
Its inputs include balanced XLR and 1/4″ TRS jacks and one front-panel 1/4″ TS instrument input. Input impedance, polarity, ground lift, and phantom power are switchable. Connect an outboard compressor or equalizer via the 1/4″ TS insert send and return jacks. Balanced XLR and 1/4″ outputs are fed by an output level control and allow compatibility with most audio interfaces and mixing consoles. The selectable high-pass filter can be set to 50 Hz, 80 Hz, 160 Hz, or 300 Hz for management of unruly bass frequencies.
The inductor-based EQ boasts selectable frequencies and Blore Edwards dual-concentric potentiometers. The WA73-EQ is rack-mountable and occupies 1 RU.
- Occupies 1 RU
- Single-channel, Class-A mic preamp and 3-band equalizer wired and assembled by hand
- Created through years of R&D, careful reverse-engineering, and countless hours of auditioning
- Designed to function and sound like a classic ’73-style preamp
- Fully discrete, transformer-balanced signal path
- Custom Carnhill transformers saturate sweetly when pushed
- Tantalum and polystyrene capacitors in the signal path and an output transistor choice that is smooth in high-gain settings
- Stepped mic pre gain
- Selectable low-frequency boost or cut at 35 Hz, 60 Hz, 110 Hz, or 220 Hz
- Selectable mid-frequency boost or cut at 360 Hz, 700 Hz, 1.6 kHz, 3.2 kHz, 4.8 kHz, or 7.2 kHz
- Selectable high-frequency boost or cut at 10 kHz, 12 kHz, or 16 kHz
- Inductor-based EQ and high-pass filter
- Blore Edwards dual-concentric EQ switching potentiometers
- Balanced XLR and 1/4″ inputs and outputs
- Front-panel 1/4″ TS instrument input
- 1/4″ TS insert send and return
- Output control with 5-segment LED meter
There are no reviews yet.