Vibe-rich tube-emulation circuitry, pristine pro-grade conversion, and an impressive bundle of music production software make the Universal Audio Volt 1 portable 1×2 audio interface a top-notch yet affordable win for quality-conscious vocalists, musicians, and even content creators such as podcasters and livestreamers. Attractive, sturdy, and compact, this bus-powered USB Type-C interface is equally capable in a computer-based home studio or on the go with your iPad or iPhone.
Plug a mic, guitar, or synth into the Volt 1’s mic preamp and press the Vintage switch to impart the pleasing character of an emulated UA vintage 610 tube preamp to your voice or instrument. Direct monitoring lets you hear yourself with no distracting latency, and there are separate volume controls for the speaker and headphone outputs. Got a beat machine or keyboard controller? Connect them to the MIDI 5-pin ports on the rear panel to easily integrate them with your setup. Knowing the value of good tools, Universal Audio bundled the Volt 1 with versatile and creativity-inspiring software tailored for music makers. From the popular Ableton Live Lite DAW and UJAM virtual instruments, to guitar/bass amp simulations, Melodyne pitch correction and high-end processors for mixing and mastering, there’s a bit of everything to help you transform ideas into polished productions.
Best-In-Class Sound for Yourself
From the team that brought you the game-changing Apollo interface, Volt 1 delivers superior studio sound quality, with character and tone far beyond its class.
Classic Vocal Tone
Few sounds can compare to a vintage Universal Audio 610 tube preamp, as used to record everyone from Ray Charles to Van Halen. Volt 1 gives you the rich, full sound of this classic UA mic/line/instrument preamp, thanks to its built-in tube emulation circuitry, a UA exclusive.
Some audio interfaces give you a smattering of random audio apps. Not Volt. Instead, UA put together a bundle of serious music production tools, virtual instruments, and plug-ins including Ableton, Melodyne, UJAM’s Virtual Drummer, Marshall, Ampeg, and more.
- Ableton Ableton Live Lite (music production DAW)
- Softube Marshall Plexi Classic Amp (guitar amp sim)
- Softube Time & Tone Bundle (mixing effects processors)
- Celemony Melodyne Essential (pitch correction)
- Relab LX480 Essentials (classic studio reverb)
- Plugin Alliance Ampeg SVT-VR Classic (bass amp sim)
- Brainworx bx_tuner (guitar/bass tuner)
- Brainworx bx_masterdesk Classic (mastering processor)
- UJAM Virtual Drummer DEEP (virtual drum instrument)
- Virtual Bassist DANDY (virtual bass instrument)
- Spitfire LABS (virtual instrument)
Easy In, Easy Out
Volt 1 gives you simple 1-in / 2-out audio connections. Just plug a mic or instrument into the XLR-1/4″ combo jack on the front panel. Then connect your speakers or headphones via 1/4″ sockets to monitor your audio with no latency. With Volt, you’ll be creating like a pro, fast.
iPad and iPhone Ready
Traveling light? Plug Volt 1 into your iPad or iPhone, and you can easily create beats and samples, record your band’s rehearsals, and edit songs anywhere. An external Volt power supply and an Apple Lightning to USB Camera Adapter are required (available separately) for iOS mobile devices other than iPad Pros with USB Type-C.
Made to Last
Featuring rugged all-metal construction and sleek vintage-inspired industrial design, Volt 1 elevates your production space with impeccable style, built to last for decades.
Essential Features at a Glance
- Desktop 1×2 USB audio interface with class-leading 24-bit / 192 kHz audio conversion for Mac/Windows computers and iPad/iPhone mobile devices
- Vintage Mic Preamp mode lets you record voice or guitar with the rich, full sound of an emulated classic UA tube preamp
- Essential suite of audio and music software including Ableton, Melodyne, UJAM’s Virtual Drummer, Marshall, Ampeg, and more
- Studio-quality headphone amplifier for loud, clear monitoring
- Stereo 1/4″ monitor outputs with separate volume control
- USB bus powered to reduce cable clutter
- 48V phantom power for condenser microphones
- Direct Monitoring for latency-free recording
- Stylish rugged construction built to withstand years of use
- MIDI 5-pin connections for hooking up a keyboard controller, drum machine, or synth
- Includes USB Type-C to USB Type-A cable