Ready for cranking out tracks at home or on the road, the Universal Audio Apollo Solo Heritage Edition bus-powered desktop 2×4 Thunderbolt 3 audio interface combines the sound, feel, and flow of analog studio recording with SOLO Core real-time UAD processing and a hearty bundle of 25 stellar UAD plug-ins. The Apollo Solo is effectively UA’s Arrow interface with a new finish and slightly improved audio performance, rebranded to join the Apollo series.
Furnished with studio-class 24-bit / 192 kHz conversion, the Apollo Solo gives musicians, producers, and songwriters the appreciable value of high-resolution recording and mixing with distortion and dynamic performance beyond its price point.
The interface features two XLR-1/4″ mic/line combo inputs and a 1/4″ Hi-Z input, all with Unison integration for precise UAD emulations of classic analog preamps. Impart vintage character of your choosing on microphone and instrument recordings while bypassing the unpredictable nature of old equipment.
Thanks to the switchable low-cut filter, pad, polarity inversion, 48V phantom power, and stereo linking on each analog input, you can efficiently optimize your incoming signals with straightforward buttons on the Apollo Solo’s face. It offers a dedicated stereo monitor feed and a front-panel headphone output, plus full input and output metering capabilities.
The built-in SOLO Core processing allows you to monitor and record audio using classic analog emulations with near-zero latency. The plug-in bundle included with the Heritage Edition empowers you with 25 top-notch plug-ins ranging from vintage compressor and EQ collections to virtual guitar/bass amps and time-based processors. The included Console application provides control and recall of all interface and UAD plug-in settings including channel-strip presets, drag-and-drop functionality, and dynamically resizable windows.
Mac and Windows drivers ensure compatibility with all major DAWs including Pro Tools, Logic Pro, Cubase, Ableton Live, and more. The interface also integrates seamlessly with LUNA, Universal Audio’s free Mac-based, single-window recording system with unlimited track counts and full Audio Units plug-in support.
Please note, the Apollo Solo requires a powered Thunderbolt 3 port on your computer in order to operate. To see if your computer is compatible with the Apollo Solo, refer to the manufacturer website for compatibility information.
Apollo Solo vs Arrow
Though the Apollo Solo is essentially a rebranded Arrow interface with a lighter finish, it does have some performance enhancements. The Apollo Solo offers improved dynamic range for the Hi-Z input (118 vs 110 dBA) and a more powerful headphone amplifier with greater dynamic range.
The Heritage Edition features the same Apollo Solo interface found in the standard edition but with more plug-ins. The standard Apollo Solo includes the Realtime Analog Classics bundle (14 plug-ins) and the Heritage Edition adds 11 more plug-ins for a total of 25 revered UA-powered plug-ins.
UA Sound in a Portable Form
- Track, overdub, and mix with high-resolution AD/DA conversion and DSP-powered plug-ins
- UAD-2 SOLO Core processing for tracking through models of vintage compressors, EQs, tape machines, mic preamps, and guitar amps, with near-zero latency, and no burden on your computer’s CPU
- Unison technology nails the tone of sought-after tube and solid-state mic pres by matching the input impedance, gain-stage sweet spots, and component-level circuit behaviors of the original hardware
- High-speed Thunderbolt 3 connectivity for Mac and Windows computers (Thunderbolt cable available separately)
- Convenient desktop form factor with with bus powering via Thunderbolt for enhanced portability
- Comprehensive front-panel metering and fast, intuitive controls, no menu-diving required
- Free, industry-leading phone/online technical support from knowledgeable audio engineers
I/O for the Home Studio
- 2×4 audio interface with two Unison-enabled microphone preamps (via XLR-1/4″ combo mic/line inputs), providing emulations of classic analog preamps with near-zero latency
- One front-panel Unison-enabled 1/4″ Hi-Z input for direct connection of a guitar, bass, or keyboard
- Stereo 1/4″ monitor output and one 1/4″ headphone output, each with dedicated level control
25 Powered Plug-Ins
Includes Realtime Analog Classics plug-in bundle plus 11 additional plug-ins to complete the compressor, EQ, and preamp collections and provide another reverb (plug-ins support VST, RTAS, Audio Units, and AAX 64-bit for compatibility with all major DAWs):
- UA 610-A Tube Preamp and EQ (Vintage)
- UA 610-B Tube Preamp and EQ (Modern)
- Marshall Plexi Classic Guitar Amp
- Ampeg SVT-VR Classic Bass Amp
- UA 1176LN Limiting Amplifier (Legacy)
- UA 1176SE Limiting Amplifier (Legacy)
- UA 1176 Classic Limiter Collection (1176LN Rev E, 1176 Rev A, and 1176AE 40th Anniversary Edition)
- Pultec EQP-1A EQ (Legacy)
- Pultec MEQ-5 EQ (Legacy)
- Pultec Passive EQ Collection (EQP-1A, MEQ-5, and HLF-3C)
- Teletronix LA-2A Leveling Amplifier (Legacy)
- Teletronix LA-2A Classic Leveler Collection (LA-2A Silver, LA-2A Gray, and LA-2)
- Raw Distortion
- Precision Channel Strip (Precision Mix Rack Collection)
- Precision Reflection Engine (Precision Mix Rack Collection)
- Precision Delay Mod (Precision Mix Rack Collection)
- Precision Delay Mod L (Precision Mix Rack Collection)
- Pure Plate Reverb
- RealVerb Pro Custom Room Modeler
Integration with LUNA Recording System for Mac
- Works with all major DAWs including Logic Pro, Ableton Live, Pro Tools, and more
- Apollo Solo becomes a fully integrated recording system with LUNA, a powerful free recording application for Mac from Universal Audio
- Bolstered by Accelerated Realtime Monitoring, LUNA lets you track and mix using an intuitive single-window workflow with unlimited track counts, full Audio Units plug-in support, and access to a suite of exclusive LUNA instruments and extensions such as Studer Multitrack Tape and Neve Summing