Universal Audio 710 Twin-Finity Overview
The 710 Twin-Finity from Universal Audio is a single channel, dual path microphone preamplifier that includes an instrument direct inject (DI) input. The dual path design combines the “warmth” of a high-voltage vacuum tube design with the clarity of a solid-state circuit. A blend control allows the dialing-in of either circuit or a combination of both in varying degrees.
The tube circuit utilizes a 310V single ended, Class-A triode tube stage, which is phased aligned with a solid-state gain stage. Both stages are fed from a variable gain solid-state transimpedance input amplifier, and are summed to a single output according to the setting of the blend knob. Along with the variable input and output controls, this design allows for an almost infinite range of tones to be dialed-in.
The discrete JFET DI input circuit can handle virtually any electric instrument, including guitars and basses with both active and passive pickups. The VU meter can switch between displaying standard output levels and a “Drive” mode that allows for seeing how hard the input stage is being driven. Phantom power, low pass filter and a polarity flip switch add full functionality to a versatile preamplifier.
- Single channel, dual topography microphone/line preamplifier with instrument DI
- High voltage Class-A tube circuit paired with phase-aligned solid-state path
- Dual gain stages and blend control provide either “wire with gain” or tube based “creamy to crunchy” sonics with any combination in between
- Discrete JFET direct inject input with ultra high 2.2MΩ impedance
- Hi-Z input automatically switches from microphone/line via “Jack Detect” feature when a guitar or bass are plugged-in
- Backlit output and “Drive” VU metering
- Portable, rack-mountable design for studio, desktop or stage