Building upon the success of the Model 24 and Model 16, the highly flexible Tascam Model 12 is an all-in-one production mixer for music and multimedia creators, songwriters, and performers. This powerful, versatile hybrid mixer/recorder/audio interface is designed for both live and recording applications and is well suited for bands, studios, conferences, podcasts, houses of worship, and more.
Updates to the Model 12 for the podcaster/internet streamer include mix-minus, Bluetooth pairing, smartphone input, multiple mic-ready channels, dual headphone monitoring, and internal multitrack recording, which allows the device to be used as a powerful live production recorder, USB audio interface, and live streaming tool. Other useful updates include an integrated MIDI I/O with a built-in metronome and separate click output. The 5-pin DIN connectors integrate with other outboard MIDI gear for synchronization and playback allowing for drum machines, synthesizers, and hardware sequencers to play nicely with the Model 12.
The Model 12 offers basic external DAW control using HUI/MCU protocol emulations for integrated, tactile control of most major DAWs. Control parameters include faders, mutes, pans, solos, record arm, play record, stop, FF/Rew, and jog. The professional mixer offers 10 input channels including 8 microphone preamps with phantom power, eight 1/4″ Hi-Z jacks, and 10 balanced 1/4″ mono line inputs. Additionally, channels 9/10 stereo input also accepts signals from a variety of sources including Bluetooth, USB, or a 3.5mm stereo mini jack.
There is single-knob compression available on all input channels, while two auxiliary sends provide signal routing to dedicated outboard monitors or effect. Aux 2 also sends to one of 16 onboard multi-FX effects. The main and sub stereo buses offer simple grouping as well as a dedicated 2-band EQ for fine tuning your mix. The Model 12 offers 11 faders, with 60mm of throw for quick and immediate mixing moves. Each channel may be assigned to receive audio from the live inputs, the internal multitrack recorder, or the USB audio interface, allowing for versatility in any environment.
The onboard 12-track recorder takes its cue from Tascam’s Portastudio line, offering multitrack recording with the ability to record 10 tracks plus the stereo master internally. Multichannel playback for advanced live performance backing or mixing. What’s more, the simple interface allows you to punch in/out of recording and playback without extensive menu diving. Additionally, the Model 12 features a 12 x 10 USB audio interface allowing for the transmission of 10 input channels plus the stereo master at up to 24-bit/48 kHz resolution.
- 8 XLR mic inputs (with +48V support)/10 TRS line inputs, 3.5mm stereo input and Bluetooth 5.0 input
- Ultra-HDDA Mic Pre-amp technology (Ch 1 thru 6)
- 1-knob compressor and 3-band EQ on all input modules
- Equipped with 60mm faders
- Selectable PFL/AFL modes and in-place solo (SIP)
- Stereo output to Main L-R and Sub L-R, monaural send to Aux 1 and Aux 2
- Dual headphone outputs with individual volume and source selection
- TASCAM FX equipped
- Recording function with punch in/out support allows direct SD card 12-track recording/10-track playback
- 12-in/10-out USB audio interface function (USB Type-C connector)
- Built-in metronome function
- Bluetooth 5.0 input with AAC and SBC codec support
- Equipped with MIDI In/Out connectors, USB-MIDI interface function, and MTC output/MIDI clock output with SPP support
- Supports simple DAW control (HUI/MCU protocol emulation)
- Click output with Tap Tempo support
- Dual footswitch (TRS connector) function allows assignment of transport, FX, etc.
- Smartphone input with minus one function