Stellar Entry-level Acoustic from Seagull
Seagull’s S6 Original acoustic guitar offers smooth playability and great tone at an exceptional value. Its pressure-tested cedar top and 3-layer wild cherry back and sides give you a warm, detailed tone. Seagull’s modified dreadnought body shape eliminates unwanted boominess and gives you a full-range tone that’s great for all styles of music. The integrated set neck and compound curved top offer increased tuning stability, resonance, and projection. When you are ready to plug in, the S6 Original comes with QIT electronics for stellar amplified tone.
Seagull’s quest for tone
Robert Godin, the owner of Seagull Guitars, has never been satisfied with “good enough.” His tireless search for a better guitar has created quite a few innovations that go into every guitar model that Seagull makes. Every S6 Original top is pressure tested for rigidity and stiffness to ensure maximum harmonic vibration. The unique compound curved top adds structural integrity to the guitar and allows for thinner bracing. The Seagull S6 Original will give you years of great performance.
Innovative neck construction and mounting deliver killer playability and tone
The attention to detail given to each Seagull shows in its looks, playability, and tone. Seagull has also taken extra care to ensure that the S6 Original neck helps to create an amazing guitar experience. An acoustic guitar’s neck is more than just a fretboard used for playing; it also creates the guitar’s tone. Seagull’s Integrated Set Neck gives your guitar the sound you want and the stability you need in a performing guitar. This system provides stable and consistent action that also reduces warping and twisting. Thanks to this integrated system, the S6 Original neck pitch is perfectly set. If it’s too far forward, the instrument will sound muddy, and if it’s too far back, the guitar will sound tinny. Seagull’s design assures optimized sound and playability with these and other innovations found in the entire Seagull line.
Handcrafted in Canada for more than a quarter century
For over 25 years, Seagull guitars have been handcrafted in the small village of La Patrie in eastern Quebec. About half of the population works to create these exquisite guitars. Most of the tonewoods are also harvested from Canadian forests. You’ll love the attention to detail, the quality tonewoods, and Seagull’s commitment to making the best guitars possible. Grab a Seagull S6 Original and experience the difference.
- Pressure-tested cedar top offers superior tone, projection, and response
- Laminate wild cherry back and sides deliver a detailed tone between warm mahogany and bright maple
- Modified dreadnought body shape cuts unwanted boominess, making it great for recording and live shows
- QIT electronics deliver stellar amplified tone
- Silver leaf maple integrated set neck offers tuning and playing stability and eliminates twisting and warping
- Tapered headstock gives you a straighter string pull, better tuning, and less stress, especially when using altered tunings
- TUSQ nut and compensated saddle offer a sound similar to bone but with more harmonics
- Thin, custom-polished finish lets the guitar vibrate more freely
- Dual-function truss rods assure the perfect neck alignment and relief