A tube mic – but even better! sE Electronics puts its own spin on the classic tube mic with the Gemini II. We’ve all heard tube mics on some of the most famous vocal recordings of all time, but you’ve never heard a tube mic like this. The Gemini II puts a cool spin on the traditional tube mic, using both a 12AX7 at the input stage and a 12AU7 at the output stage. Two tubes, huh? You might think this would put too much tubiness in play, but in actuality it gives you the body and warmth of a tube mic coupled with the top-end response of the “best of the best” solid state condensers. How could you go wrong? Many things promise to give you the best of both worlds, and few really do. The Gemini II delivers, and how! Give your mic locker a kick in the pants with the Gemini II. You won’t be sorry!
sE Electronics Gemini II Dual-tube Condenser Microphone Features at a Glance:
- Dual-tube design
- 12AX7 at input stage
- 12AU7 at output stage
- Brings you best of classic tube mic designs with solid state-style top-end
- Frequency Response: 20Hz-20KHz
- Sensitivity: 12.6mV/Pa – 38 +/- 1dB(0dB=1V/Pa 1000Hz)
- Polar Pattern: Cardioid
- Impedance: 200 Ohms
- Equivalent Noise Level: 12dB(A weighted)
- Max SPL for 0.5% THD@1000Hz: 135dB
- Power Requirement: External PSU included.
- Connector: 3-pin