Included in the Roland V-Drums TD-50KV2 Set:
- TD-50X drum sound module
- 14-inch PD-140DS digital snare
- 18-inch KD-180 kick drum
- 10-inch PD-108 high toms (x 2)
- 12-inch PD-128 floor toms (x 2)
- 18-inch CY-18DR digital ride
- 14-inch VH-14D digital hi-hat
- 16-inch CY-16R-T crashes (x 2)
- MDS-Stage 2 chrome stand with cable channels
Roland’s TD-50KV2 represents the pinnacle of V-Drums innovation, a flagship electronic kit that delivers the most complete electronic drumming experience they offer. With large, top-of-the-line pads and cymbals, including groundbreaking digital snare, ride and hi-hat pads, the TD-50KV2 brings ultra-detailed playability to the three most nuanced pieces in the kit. Roland’s next-generation TD-50X module also provides unmatched tone, feel and response, coupled with deep editing tools so you can fully personalize your sound, as well as offering pro connectivity to take on any playing situation. If you’re looking for the ultimate in V-Drums performance, the TD-50KV2 is going to be a real hit wherever, and however you play.
Prismatic Sound Modeling: Feel the Difference
The Prismatic Sound Modeling in the TD-50X makes electronic drums come to life, infusing multi-layer samples recorded in world-class studios with sophisticated behavior modeling techniques refined over more than two decades. Inspired by a prism—which refracts a single ray of light into every color in the spectrum—Roland’s revolutionary approach produces an unlimited array of sonic colors with every stick hit. The initial attack is followed by a complex mix of rich overtones, just like playing acoustic drums and cymbals. You can feel the sound changing in reaction to your expression, creating that magical, interactive bond that fully immerses you in the emotion of the moment. From subtle ghost notes and detailed articulations to the loudest and most intense playing, your drumming has no boundaries with the TD-50X.
Roland Digital Pads: A Revolution in Electronic Drumming
Roland’s breakthrough digital pad technology fully realizes the vast expressive potential made possible with Prismatic Sound Modeling. Multi-sensor detection in the snare, ride and hi-hat pads works with the lightning-fast processing in the TD-50X module to bring authentic acoustic nuance and detail to these core kit pieces. All your playing techniques translate seamlessly, such as subtly touching the ride to mute the sound or switching at will between head, rimshot, and cross stick playing on the snare. The game-changing VH-14D completes the experience, offering exceptional touch sensitivity, tonal variation and open/closed resolution.
Authentic Mesh Heads
The TD-50KV2 features Roland’s famous multi-ply mesh heads, with a three-layer head on the snare and two-layer heads on the toms providing natural stick resistance and rebound for ultra-satisfying feel and response. Just like drumheads on acoustic drums, you can tweak the tension to your preference with a standard drum key. And since Roland’s mesh heads produce very little acoustic noise, the TD-50KV2 is perfect for both quiet practice sessions with headphones and live performance setups that require complete volume control onstage.
With its full-size spread and large-diameter snare and tom pads, the TD-50KV2 gives you the big vibe of a premium acoustic kit. The 18″ KD-180 bass drum has the authentic feel and onstage presence of a traditional kick, with Roland’s special air-damper mechanics providing natural resistance and rock-solid triggering. And the large cymbal pads are 40-percent thinner than previous generations, offering the most satisfying stick response to date.
Imagine acoustic drums that are mic’d, processed and mixed in a world-class studio—that’s what you get when you call up a preset on the TD-50X. Developed with top drummers and recording engineers, these inspiring kits let you take on any style at the touch of a button, from traditional jazz to full-throttle metal.
Make the Sound Your Own
Going beyond the presets, the TD-50X allows you to customize things at every level—just as you would with an acoustic kit. Make quick adjustments to tuning and muffling, or dive deep and build a kit from the ground up by selecting shell depths, drumhead types, cymbal characteristics, and much more. Then put the kit in the space of your choice using PureAcoustic Ambience, with full control of room type, reverberation, stereo width and other parameters at your command.
A Studio at Your Fingertips
After you’ve tweaked the details of your kit, bring it to mix-ready perfection with the TD-50X’s impressive array of pro studio tools. Adjust mic settings for various kit elements, then dial in sounds with EQs, compressors and other processing. And for spaciousness and color, tap into the wide selection of high-quality reverbs and multi-effects.
Mix Outside the Box
When performing with electronic drums, the ability to process sounds outside the kit is vital. The TD-50X has ten fully assignable outputs for sending the house engineer whatever drums they need, with or without effects. And via faders on the panel, you can easily control the mix from the stage when you’re on your own. The TD-50KV2 also excels for computer music production, with the ability to send up to 32 simultaneous channels of digital audio plus MIDI over USB for premium-quality transfer.
Your Personal Practice Partner
The TD-50X is loaded with practice features that make every session fun, productive, and rewarding. Improve your timing with the metronome and Coach mode exercises, or simply jam along with music played from a smartphone or laptop. The onboard recorder lets you capture and review your playing at any time, complete with the ability to export audio (with or without backing music) for sharing with others. And you can extend your practice even further with Melodics, a free desktop app that comes with 40 lessons, plus unlimited access via a subscription when you’re ready for more.
Note: Hi-hat stand, bass drum pedal and snare stand sold separately.
- Flagship electronic drum kit with Roland’s most advanced V-Drums innovations
- Next-generation TD-50X sound module with Prismatic Sound Modeling and PureAcoustic Ambience technologies
- 14″ PD-140DS digital snare, 18″ CY-18DR digital ride cymbal, and newly developed 14″ VH-14D digital hi-hat, all with high-res, multi-sensor triggering for unmatched performance
- Two PD-108-BC rack tom pads and two PD-128-BC floor tom pads
- Two 16″ CY-16C-T crash cymbal pads, which feature a 40-percent thinner design than previous V-Cymbals for greater flex and swing
- 18″ KD-180 bass drum with birch wood shell and Roland’s advanced air-damper mechanics
- Over 900 premium sounds on board, including many new kick, snare, hi-hat, tom and cymbal selections
- Ready-to-play presets based on legendary and contemporary drum kit sounds, purposefully tuned for full, punchy and dynamic sound
- Hands-on interface with dedicated buttons and faders for selecting, customizing and mixing drum sounds
- Massive selection of studio-grade effects, including EQs, compressors, reverbs, multi-effects and more
- Stereo XLR master output and eight TRS direct outs provide balanced connections to a PA mixer
- Integrated 32-channel USB audio/MIDI interface for professional computer music production
- Four auxiliary analog trigger inputs for easy kit expansion
- Mix input for drumming with music from a smartphone or laptop
- Import your own WAV samples via an SD card
- Built-in practice functions for developing drumming skills
- Large MDS-Stage 2 drum stand with chrome finish and integrated channels for cable routing
There are no reviews yet.