Easily sample, capture, assign, and play drum sounds and audio phrases on nine velocity-sensitive drum pads with the SPD-SX PRO Sampling Pad from Roland. Building on the capabilities of previous iterations, this flagship PRO edition features six large pads and three shoulder pads, along with improved playing response and customizable color LEDs. With an expanded internal memory, additional audio outputs and trigger inputs, and a 48 kHz audio playback engine, the SPD-SX PRO is ideal for home, studio, or stage applications.
Equipped with 32GB of internal memory, the SPD-SX PRO supplies a massive selection of 1550 pre-loaded samples and 200 kit patches. In addition, you can load and play samples directly from its built-in USB ports, which support flash memory and mass storage drives along with MIDI and audio over USB. Use the dedicated SPD-SX PRO app from Roland Cloud to connect a computer and import audio files, assign samples to any pad, and organize them for easy access. You can sample up to 60 minutes of external audio into the unit, or resample from the machine for up to 10 minutes—all at 16-bit / 48 kHz resolution.
Once your samples have been loaded and are ready to be played, you can manipulate them with four parallel onboard multi-effect units. The SPD-SX PRO has 53 master effects including compressors, filters, delays, a looper, and built-in EQ. Dial up these effects and access all pertinent information on the high-contrast backlit color LCD, which provides easy-to-read data in most any environment.
Multiple I/O options are onboard to accommodate a wide variety of applications. The master out section includes two 1/4″ outputs for connection to mixers and amplifiers and one 1/4″ headphone jack. Four balanced 1/4″ direct outputs offer additional mixing flexibility. The input section includes 1/4″ left and right stereo/mono connectors with gain control as well as a footswitch input for connecting a kick trigger or various other pedals. In addition to the nine pads on the SPD-SX PRO, four dual-trigger inputs (four stereo 1/4″ TRS jacks providing a total of eight inputs) allow you to expand the playing field by connecting external pads or acoustic drum triggers. You can also access a limitless sound library with external sound modules via MIDI in and out while also using the SPD-SX PRO to control any MIDI compatible device or instrument.
- Nine pads with Roland’s advanced trigger technology, including six large pads and three top-row shoulder pads
- High-visibility, horizontal and vertical LEDs with multicolor customization
- Increased shoulder pad sensitivity and improved crosstalk performance
- 4.3-inch color display for easy navigation and viewing during performance
- Import 48/44.1 kHz (16-/24-/32-bit) WAV/AIFF files and MP3s (32 to 320 kb/s) with automatic conversion to 48 kHz / 16-bit upon loading
- Stereo main output, four direct mono outputs, balanced for easy mixing onstage
- Connectivity for up to eight external individual triggers/pads (four stereo triggers or eight mono triggers with Y-cables)
- Dedicated SPD-SX PRO App for Windows/Mac for easy importing, managing samples, and deep kit editing
- 32GB of internal storage for samples, backing tracks, and click tracks
- Input for hi-hat or footswitch expression control
- Connect hi-hats, kick, and snare for a mini drum kit setup
- Up to 200 kit patches (43 erasable preset kits and 157 user kits)
- Over 1550 preloaded, high-quality samples and sounds
- 16-step pad sequencer function
- Onboard effects engine with up to four effects in parallel, plus side chain with output routing
- Built-in click/metronome
- Create in real time by recording performances as WAV files and assigning them to pads