The Roland Boutique SH-01A Synthesizer Module is a 4-voice, analog-modeling synthesizer based on the classic SH-101. Part of the Roland Boutique series, the SH-01A can be used with the optional K-25m keyboard unit or the DK-01 dock for a self-contained, go-anywhere synth experience. With an array of over 20 knobs and sliders from the original SH-101’s front panel, the 4-voice SH-01A is highly programmable and encourages sonic experimentation. Highly portable, it features a built-in speaker, battery operation on four AAs, as well as USB bus power. Using Analog Circuit Behavior (ACB) technology the SH-01A aims to faithfully reproduce the original SH-101 sound, and adds a few new twists including selectable advanced LFO with new waveforms and an extended range, as well as expanded modes such as unison, chord, and four-voice polyphonic.
The SH-01A includes 64 writable patches and provides an easy performance arpeggiator with three playback modes, note hold, and a three-way transpose switch. The instrument also features an on-board, 100-step sequencer that lets you quickly try out new ideas such as bass lines and melodies, which can be saved within the 64 patches. Additionally, the device offers CV/Gate output for controlling modular or vintage gear, plus multiple sync options including internal and external MIDI, MIDI via USB, LFO clock, and trigger input. The Roland Boutique SH-01A ships with four AA batteries.
- Sounds of the classic SH-101 synthesizer via ACB tech, including bass, lead, noise, and sound effects
- New Unison, Chord, and four-voice Polyphonic modes expand on the original’s iconic sound palette
- Built-in sequencer with 64 patterns available to save and recall
- Easy performance arpeggiator with three playback modes, note hold, and three-way transpose switch
- CV/Gate output for controlling modular or vintage gear
- Multiple sync options including internal and external MIDI, MIDI via USB, LFO clock, and trigger input
- 64 writeable preset patches for increased performance capabilities
- Selectable advanced LFO with new waveforms and extended range of clock rate
- Sends and receives MIDI control change messages via traditional MIDI jacks or USB
- High-quality construction with metal front panel
- Highly portable for mobile music making
- Battery-operated (4 x AA) or USB powered
- Compatible with the K-25m Keyboard Unit and other optional Roland Boutique accessories
- Available in limited-edition red and blue colors like the original SH-101