The RD-2000 Digital Stage Piano from Roland is a professional keyboard that is equipped with two independent sound engines, premium keyboard action, and advanced controller features. It can be used to deliver acoustic and electric piano sounds in several environments such as on the stage and in the studio, and it blends evolved piano technologies with modern control.
This keyboard is a good solution for commanding a large-scale setup. It can seamlessly integrate internal sounds, software-based instruments, hardware sound modules, and more. In addition to the realistic pianos, the RD-2000 includes over 1,100 additional sounds for covering any style of music with just one keyboard. There are highly expressive virtual tone-wheel organs, modern and vintage synths, clavinet, orchestral strings, brass, and many other sound types.
Furthermore, the RD-2000’s USB audio/MIDI interface makes it easy to integrate software instruments with a studio DAW or laptop running your favorite host software when performing on stage. You can map different sounds via 8 assignable zones, and route audio from soft synths through the keyboard to create a powerful hybrid rig. The interface supports 24-bit audio at rates up to 192 kHz, allowing you to access your highest-quality sounds.
Finally, with its versatile outputs, the RD-2000 is ready to connect with any stage or studio setup. Main stereo outs are provided on XLR and 1/4″ jacks, and there’s also a sub output that allows you to route internal sounds and USB audio independently.
- Performance Powerhouse
- The RD-2000 is a versatile instrument for the performing keyboardist. It features dual sound engines that power the acoustic and electric pianos, plus realistic keyboard action for a stage piano. There’s a massive selection of ensemble sounds to cover any musical task, as well as two wave-expansion slots for adding more sounds. With its innovative modern interface, the RD-2000 is a powerful master controller for working with today’s software-based instruments on stage.
- Acoustic Pianos Powered by V-Piano Technology
- Incorporating the latest piano technologies and long-running V-Piano research, the acoustic voice is natural, responsive, and richly detailed. The dedicated acoustic engine features full-keyboard polyphony, allowing you to realize authentic piano performances without any compromises.
- Historic Electric Pianos
- Via a second SuperNATURAL-based sound engine, the RD-2000 gives you access to a wide range of classic electric pianos from the ’60s, ’70s, and ’80s. Included are recreations of the RD-1000 (the very first RD stage piano) and MKS-20 sound module from the ’80s. The unique musical voices are instantly recognizable from that era’s hit records. Vintage effects are also on hand for processing your EPs, including the ubiquitous BOSS CE-1 Chorus and Roland SDD-320 Dimension D.
- Realistic Playability
- The PHA-50 progressive hammer-action keyboard with escapement is an effective platform for playing the RD-2000’s responsive acoustic and electric pianos. This keyboard features hybrid keys constructed of wood and molded materials, combining classic feel with rugged durability. Together with Roland’s advanced sensor mechanism and hammer-action design, the PHA-50 delivers authentic grand piano touch that’s right at home under your fingers.
- Designed for Stage
- With its intuitive interface, navigating the RD-2000 during live performances is simple. Eight knobs and nine sliders provide control for sounds, effects, and more, and the knobs feature LED indicators for precise adjustment with instant visual feedback.
- Zones and Scenes
- The RD-2000 features eight assignable zones that allow you to map sounds to different key ranges, or create combination sounds with up to eight layers. And with the Scene function, you can save 100 different snapshots of the entire keyboard setup and recall them with a quick button-touch while performing.
- Bender and Wheels
- Equipped with Roland’s classic pitch/mod lever and two modulation wheels, the keyboard provides expressive options for any performance style. The dual wheels are useful for detailed sound adjustment on external synths, and are independently assignable per program.
- Powerful Encoder Knobs
- The RD-2000’s encoder knobs bring a powerful level of control to your live performances. LED indicators show the current knob value at a glance, even on the darkest stages. They also respond to velocity, allowing you to execute precise edits with slow movements and quickly move through tones and parameters with fast movements.