The Roland VERSELAB MV1 is a complete, all-in-one, portable music workstation specifically designed to help musicians and producers focus on completing entire songs and compositions. In addition to being packed with a host of powerful tools for producing beats and vocals, the VERSELAB also offers a uniquely fluid workflow, filled with creative tools to inspire your writing and help you bring your musical ideas to fruition.
Use the vast, curated collection of over 3000 onboard sounds—with additional sounds available via Zenbeats and Roland cloud content—to quickly create clips, featuring drums, bass, and melodic parts. The unit’s Style Mode offers you a selection of patterns and options to choose from, helping you to get just the right feel from your grooves, even if you’re a newcomer to music production.
The Motion Record function helps you add movement to your grooves by recording subtle sound tweaks to keep your beats fresh, while the Chord Mode allows you to play complex chords by triggering individual pads. Use the clips to create Sections and then arrange them in Song Mode for a complete musical bed.
Plug a microphone into the XLR input, which offers 48V phantom power for condenser mics, and you’re ready to use the Vocal Mode to record up to 16 vocal takes, each accessible by one of the trigger pads. A host of onboard vocal effects including auto-pitch, harmonizer, radio filter, doubler, and more is available, allowing you to record your vocals with the exact processing you want for different song sections. In addition, vocal takes can be copied and pasted where needed in the song.
When you’re ready to complete your tune, switch to Mixing mode for control over EQ, levels, panning, and effects. For a final professional production sheen, add mastering effects across the entire mix bus including multiband compression, limiting, and a 5-band EQ. The VERSELAB stores your productions to SD or SDHC cards and an SD card is included along with an AC adapter, although the unit can also be powered via USB power.
Bars Meets Beats
- VERSELAB is designed for modern music making and vocal recording.
- The high-quality XLR mic input makes it easy to record vocals with built-in effects like Auto-Pitch, Harmonizer, Doubler, and more.
- Just plug in a mic, dial in the sound, and go.
- With 16 easy access takes and the ability to copy them anywhere in your song, arranging is a snap.
Sounds from the Source
- For songs to knock, you need the best sounds available.
- Roland’s sound has helped define hip-hop and other modern genres for decades, from the TR-808 to the SP-404.
- This sonic legacy is packed into VERSELAB, with over 3000 curated sounds that hit the spot.
Get More with ZEN-Core
- VERSELAB uses Roland’s most advanced sound engine—the ZEN-Core Synthesis System; it’s at the heart of the company’s professional synthesizers and ensures top-notch sound quality.
- With Roland Cloud, you can expand the onboard library with thousands of new tones, including genre-specific Sound Packs to keep your music fresh.
Hands-On Music Making
- Go beyond the mouse and keyboard with VERSELAB’s inspiring RGB-lit pads and hands-on controls.
- Combining the TR-REC step sequencer found in legendary Roland drum machines with an ultra-responsive 4×4 pad matrix, you can bang out drum tracks, basslines, and melodic parts as fast as they come to you.
Plug-and-Play with Zenbeats
- With expanding plug-and-play Zenbeats integration, you can connect VERSELAB to your computer, tablet, or smartphone for another level of production capability.
- Mix your VERSELAB songs or bounce tracks in Zenbeats, use plug-in instruments and effects, and much more via a simple USB connection.
Connect and Collaborate
- VERSELAB is compact, portable, and can be powered by a mobile battery, so you can make tracks just about anywhere. Collaborate in person or remotely by sharing projects or tapping into the cloud storage features of Zenbeats.
- When your song is ready, mix and master directly from VERSELAB, then connect your mobile device and upload to your favorite music platform or social channels.