The Roland MC-707 GROOVEBOX recaptures the heart and soul of the original groove boxes of yesteryear and ups the ante with eight tracks of recording, sequencing, synthesis, sampling, and effects plus a curated palette of sounds, loops, and phrases. Record audio and MIDI with deep control over timing while tweaking faders and knobs for the ultimate in-the-moment experience.
The ZEN-Core engine fuses virtual analog with modern PCM to create a collection of built-in sounds, beats, and phrases, all expertly crafted by renowned artists and sound designers. You’ll find those classic sounds from the highly coveted TR-808, TR-909, TB-303, JUNO-106, and SH-101. With this modern digital and hybrid sound-sculpting machine, you can create future classics today.
The 8-track sequencer is optimized for fluid production of today’s electronic-focused music styles and ever-evolving subgenres. Use the 16 ultrasensitive pads to play and sequence drums, melodic basslines, or polyphonic chord progressions. Freely combine loops and one-shots with melodic phrases including your own audio recordings and MIDI sequences. Record knob movements along with your note data to create dramatic moving effects such as adding a deep reverb to a single clap or generating a slow filter sweep.
All eight tracks have dedicated track EQ plus independent multi-effects processors with several variations of classic FX types. You will find choruses, delays, and reverbs, as well as overdrive, distortion, and amp simulation. Run the entire mix through master effects like filters, bit-crushers, and a master bus compressor that glues it all together with punch and clarity. The MC-707 includes a power supply.
8-Tracks of Clip-Based Sequencing
- Eight-track sequencer optimized for fluid production of electronic-focused music styles and ever-evolving subgenres
- TR-REC Step Sequencer: Like those found on classic Roland drum machines, great for building rhythm parts quickly
- 16 ultrasensitive pads for playing or sequencing drum parts, melodic basslines, or polyphonic chord progressions
- Sequencer clips store knob movements with note data
- Create dramatic, moving effects like a deep reverb on a single clap, slow filter sweeps, and much more
- ZEN-Core sound engine fuses virtual analog and modern PCM
- Flexible, powerful, and lets you dig deep into its sonic capabilities
- Sounds of legendary Roland rhythm machines and synthesizers that are the foundation of electronic music
- Includes TR-808, TR-909, TB-303, JUNO-106, and SH-101
- With modern digital and hybrid sounds, the engine is future-proof for creating classic sounds today
Record, Sample, Tweak, and Mangle
- Powerful sampling engine with on-the-fly recording that synchronizes to your project’s tempo
- Record vocals or instrument parts, or import from your own existing library
- Sequence or trigger phrases, one-shots, and loops
- Tweak and mangle samples by truncating and reversing, with the inspiration and precision of hands-on control
- All eight tracks have independent effects processors with several variations
- Lush chorus brings depth to pads and other synth sounds
- Delays and reverbs create evocative spaces and add movement to delicate sequences
- Overdrive, distortion, and amp simulation inject grit and intensity into synths, guitars, drums, and more
- Run your entire mix through master effects like filters, bit-crushers, and a master bus compressor that glues it all together with punch and clarity
- Faders for each track let you immediately mix and arrange parts, and knobs can be freely assigned to whatever control you need for a sound
- Record your knob movements and play them back automatically
- Use the 8×2 pad array to play drums, enter melody and chords with velocity, and trigger audio and MIDI clips
- Advanced USB audio interface capabilities
- Record all eight parts to individual DAW tracks and finish your song in the box
- Sample sounds from your DAW to capture backing tracks, stems, or the sound of a favorite software synth for your next live show
- Updatable and expandable platform ensures your sounds never gets stale
- Keep things fresh with new loops.