Roland FP-90 Overview
The black FP-90 from Roland is a digital piano featuring the company’s flagship piano sound engine and keyboard, housed in a sleek cabinet that also includes a multi-channel speaker system with enough power for performing in intimate venues. A selected range of additional sounds that include electric pianos, strings, organs, and synths is available, allowing the keyboard to function in a variety of musical scenarios. Bluetooth audio/MIDI support allows for connecting wirelessly with Roland’s Piano Partner 2, and other music apps on a smartphone or tablet.
The SuperNATURAL Piano Modeling technology utilized in the instrument reproduces the entire sound-creation process of an acoustic piano, including the combination of notes played, their resonance, and the way in which the piano’s many elements interact with each other. The resultant complex sound, complete with overtones, changes in response to players’ input, via an 88-note keyboard that blends wood and molded materials for an enhanced playing experience.
A microphone input further enhances the enjoyment that can be derived from the instrument. A harmony effect can generate automatic vocal harmonies, and with an optional USB memory stick plugged in, the piano and vocal performances can be recorded as audio data, and then transferred to a computer for sharing the occasion with everyone involved. WAV audio files, performances recorded as audio data for composing or self-evaluation, and SMF songs can all be played from the USB memory using various options.
- Authentic grand piano touch from the PHA-50 (Progressive Hammer Action with Escapement) keyboard, which combines wood and molded materials for realistic feel and lasting durability
- Uses SuperNATURAL Piano Modeling technology instead of conventional sampling for a richer, more detailed piano sound
- Four speakers provide a powerful sound that’s ideal for intimate live performances
- Selection of electric piano, strings, organ, and synth sounds, along with thirty registrations for storing favorite sound setups, including layers and splits for live performance
- Microphone input and vocal effects
- Connect a smartphone or tablet via Bluetooth and play along with audio from favorite apps routed through the piano’s speaker system
- Enhance performances with rhythm accompaniments from Roland’s Piano Partner 2 app
- Flat, portable cabinet
- Optional KSC-90 stand and KPD-90 pedal provide an integrated look for home use
- Includes DP-10 damper pedal, and compatible with optional RPU-3 triple pedal