Made for gigging songwriters, composers, and producers, who want the freedom to go where the inspiration takes them—the Roland Fantom-08 88-key music workstation combines the sonic power and fluid workflow inherited from the flagship Fantom Series into a streamlined instrument, with a lightweight and durable molded body designed for easy transport. Compose, perform, and produce with thousands of electronic and acoustic sounds powered by Roland’s advanced ZEN-Core and SuperNATURAL technologies, including SuperNATURAL pianos with authentic acoustic-grand sound and response, and Virtual ToneWheel organ sounds. The unit features a PHA-4 hammer-action weighted keybed with escapement and ebony/ivory feel.
With so much power under the hood, plenty of polyphony, and smooth sound transitions, the Fantom-08 lets you run up to 16 parts with all available DSP effects and patterns. It offers deep onboard sampling with 16 pads, 16-track clip-based MIDI sequencing with instant pattern recording and triggering, plus TR-REC sequencing inspired by classic Roland drum machines. Unleash your musical performance with a large color touchscreen, high-resolution knobs, sliders, RGB performance pads, pitch/mod lever, illuminated pitch and mod wheels, a dedicated synth control section, a mic input with onboard vocoder, instantly recallable setups, and deep computer integration with USB MIDI and audio interface. To get you started, the unit comes with 15 Wave Expansions and 10 Sound Packs, available for download from Roland Cloud.
- Fantom-08 includes over 3500 professional sounds and over 90 drum kits from Roland’s immense trendsetting library, with further expansion available through Roland Cloud. Create with synthesizers and rhythm sounds that have defined entire musical genres. Build organic compositions with pianos and other acoustic instruments, or shape sounds of the future with a deep array of modern synthesis tools.
- Explore the influential sounds of Roland’s storied past and craft the sounds of tomorrow with the ZEN-Core Synthesis System, the company’s most advanced synth engine to date.
- With Roland’s SuperNATURAL technology, you can play nearly any acoustic instrument imaginable with unparalleled sound quality and authentic articulations and response.
A Grand Experience
- Fantom-08’s SuperNATURAL pianos play and respond just like their acoustic counterparts, and you have a range of onboard tools to customize them for your style and touch.
- Evolved from the famous VK organ series, the Virtual ToneWheel engine faithfully emulates the sound-generating process of a real tonewheel organ, backed by quick-fire playability and direct control with the touchscreen, sliders, and knobs.
Build Songs in a Flash
- Designed for nonstop music creation, Fantom-08 lets you realize musical ideas as quickly as they come. The color touchscreen provides instant interactive control, and the hi-res knobs deliver organic, ultradetailed response. There’s also a dedicated synthesizer section with oscillator, filter, and envelope controls, plus buttons and pads for sequencing, triggering, and more.
- Using Fantom-08’s intuitive sampling tools, you can easily expand and personalize your musical palette by capturing internal sounds, hardware devices, DAW tracks, and more. Capture directly to the pads for triggering, use the keyboard for instant pitched sounds, or build detailed multisamples to create new ZEN-Core tones.
- Connect a mic to the rear-panel input and sing in the studio or onstage with high-quality processing from Fantom-08’s wide-ranging effects. Or, fire up the 32-band stereo vocoder and use the expressive power of your voice to create classic VP-style ensemble tones, robot voices, otherworldly textures, and more.
Expand Your Vision with Included Expansion and Sound Packs
- With Roland Cloud, you can dive even deeper into the historic and ever-evolving world of Roland synthesizers. Model Expansions let you infuse Fantom-08 with the authentic sounds and unique characteristics of the Jupiter-8, Juno-106, and other vintage icons. And with the growing selection of Wave Expansions, Sound Packs, Sample Packs, and more, you’ll always keep your music sounding fresh. To get started, you can download 15 Wave Expansions and 10 Sound Packs (free downloads).
Your Creative Hub
- Fantom-08 slides seamlessly into modern production setups with a built-in 4×32 USB audio interface. Native integration with Logic Pro, MainStage, and Ableton Live lets you interact with your software using the touchscreen and hardware controls. Going further, you can freely combine soft synths with onboard sounds, and interface with your favorite MIDI hardware via the dedicated MIDI output.
Make Music Everywhere
- At 32.6 lb, you can still carry the Fantom-08 from your home studio setup to rehearsal rooms or performance stages. It weighs significantly less than standard professional 88-note keyboards thanks to its molded body design that’s sleek, attractive, and ultrarugged.
Make a Scene
- With custom creative spaces called Scenes, you can store sounds, patterns, performance layouts, templates, and more, and recall them with a single touch. A Scene can also be an entire song or section of a song, and multiple scenes can be chained together and switched seamlessly with no gaps or glitches.
Sound that Moves
- Fantom-08 makes it easy to create long evolving passages, modular-style animated textures, and sounds with deeply intricate movement. You have two LFOs per partial and four partials per tone—and since you can stack 16 tones, that’s a staggering 128 LFOs per voice. Step LFOs are also available with 16 steps of beat-synced automation and 35 curve choices per step.
Capture Your Music with the 16-Track Sequencer
- Different musical genres need diverse production styles and specialized tools. You can capture music in a variety of ways with Fantom-08’s 16-track MIDI sequencer—from real-time and step sequencing to the famous TR-REC pattern sequencer inspired by iconic Roland drum machines like the TR-808 and TR-909.
- Some players like levers or mod wheels, while others prefer external pedals. With Fantom-08, you can use any of them or all of them. And there’s even a dedicated USB device port to extend your workflow with your favorite USB MIDI controller.
- 88-key keyboard with weighted, hammer-action, escapement, and ebony/ivory feel
- Sounds and features inherited from the flagship Fantom Series
- Seamless workflow with fluid composition tools and instantly recallable setups
- Light and durable molded body design for easy transport
- Play and produce with thousands of electronic and acoustic sounds powered by Roland’s advanced ZEN-Core and SuperNATURAL technologies
- SuperNATURAL pianos with authentic acoustic grand sound and response
- Virtual ToneWheel Organ with harmonic bar control and quick-fire playability
- Deep onboard sampling features
- Scenes contain settings for all 16 layers plus effects and patterns
- Clip-based sequencing with instant pattern recording and triggering
- TR-REC sequencer inspired by classic Roland drum machines
- Color touchscreen, high-resolution knobs, sliders, RGB performance pads, and dedicated synth control section
- Pitch/mod lever and illuminated pitch and mod wheels
- 4×32 USB audio interface and native integration with Logic Pro, MainStage, and Ableton Live
- Mic input and powerful onboard vocoder
- Support for Model Expansions, Sound Packs, Sample Packs, and more from Roland Cloud
- Comes with 15 Wave Expansions and 10 Sound Packs, available for free download from Roland Cloud
- Compatible with Fantom Scenes that use ZEN-Core, SuperNATURAL, and Virtual ToneWheel Organ sounds
There are no reviews yet.