Music producers and performing musicians in search of the classic hybrid sound of the JX-8P will be thrilled with the Roland Boutique JX-08 Synthesizer Module, a recreation of the iconic JX-8P that was embraced by top session players for it’s warm pads, shimmery chorus, and crystalline textures.
The JX-08 module features all the unique sounds of this highly sought-after classic, in stunning detail, and includes 32 original patches. Additionally, powerful new additions are included such as a polyphonic sequencer, 111 new presets, an onboard arpeggiator, and 17 new effects including the JUNO-106 chorus, SDD-320 reverb, lo-fi compressor, super filter, pitch shifter, and more. The JX-08 sequencer features two parts, each with 64 steps and 8 notes per part with motion recording, a random patch generator, and memory for 128 patterns. A clock input syncs the onboard sequencer of the JX-08, which can result in unexpected phrases, rhythmic variations, and other happy accidents.
Features at a Glance:
- Authentic JX-8P sound and behavior
- PG-800 programmer functions included
- Includes 32 presets from the original JX-8P plus 111 new presets
- 17 new effect types including JUNO-106 chorus, SDD-320 reverb, lo-fi comp, super filter, pitch shifter, and more
- Two-part, 64-step, eight-note (per part) polyphonic sequencer with motion recording, random pattern generator, and memory for 128 patterns
- Onboard arpeggiator
- Expanded polyphony compared to the original hardware, up to 20 voices
- Two-part multitimbral for playing multiple patches with dual and split capabilities
- USB Type-C audio/MIDI interface, full-size MIDI I/O, and external clock input
- Portable design for mobile music making
- High-quality construction with metal front panel
- Powered via batteries (4 x AA) or USB-C
- Control information can be sent and received via MIDI and USB Type-C
- Built-in powered mini speaker for instant enjoyment
- Compatible with optional DK-01 Boutique Dock or K-25m Keyboard Unit
Classic Sound. Modernized
While the original design of the JX-8P is retained in this modern version, Roland has added a range of updates that take the experience to another level. Explore the 100-plus new patches tuned for contemporary styles, or use the onboard controls to design your own sounds. And with expanded polyphony, two-part multitimbral capability, and dual/split modes, there’s even more room to stretch out your sonic ideas. Once you’ve found your zone, store your creations for easy recall using any of the 256 preset slots.
Even Deeper Effects
The JX-08 comes stocked with 17 powerful effects, many of which are new to the Roland Boutique range. Add some gloss to your JX patches with classic chorus, phaser, and delay options, or get gritty with overdrive, fuzz, bit crusher, and the new lo-fi compressor. Filters and pitch shifters are also available to bring additional dimension and character to your sounds.
Music that Moves
Once you’ve locked in your patches, fire up the two-part polyphonic sequencer and start programming leads, basslines, or basic chords to sync with other pieces in your electronic ensemble. And to bring some animated movement to your sounds, tap into motion recording and the onboard arpeggiator to make your musical lines dance.
MIDI, USB, and External Clock Input
The JX-08 features a built-in USB Type-C audio/MIDI interface, so you can play, record, and synchronize with all types of computer production software. Full-size MIDI I/O is also available for interfacing with other MIDI hardware. There’s even an external clock input for driving the JX-08’s onboard sequencer and arpeggiator from vintage analog instruments and modern Eurorack systems.
Grab your Keys and Hit the Road
The compact JX-08 fits just about anywhere and is easily controlled from a master keyboard or computer DAW. It can run on standard AA batteries for hours of uninhibited jamming, and there’s also a built-in speaker for on-the-go sound monitoring. Add a DK-01 Boutique Dock for a polished look, and adjust it in three convenient tilt positions, or grab a K-25m Keyboard Unit to create a fully self-contained, portable instrument.
There are no reviews yet.