The Fireface 802 from RME-Audio is a high-definition, 60-channel audio interface with 4 professional quality preamps and reference class converters. The 802 features 12 analog and 18 digital inputs and outputs, all available simultaneously. Low latency operation and stability stem from RME’s own proprietary USB and FireWire hardware and drivers.
The SteadyClock jitter suppression technology ensures high quality sound from input to output. Should an external clock source fail, the Intelligent Clock Control (ICC) will retain the last valid input sample rate. All of the Fireface 802’s hardware and software are fully compatible with Windows and Mac operating systems.
Driven by two DSP chips, the TotalMix FX software offers a complete digital mixer and signal router with integrated EQ, dynamics and reverb/echo. The software’s built-in monitor controller allows for any physical output to be assigned as main or phones output. Talkback, listenback, mono, dim, recall and external inputs will work automatically on the assigned monitor control channels. The 802 also offers 6 memory slots for permanently saving different TotalMix configurations, which may be recalled without a computer. The TotalMix FX app for iPad allows for complete control over all functions without a computer connection. The Fireface 802 ships with driver CD, USB cable, IEC power cable, and optical cable.
- 30 Input / 30 Output channels
- 12 x Analog I/O
- 4 x Mic/Instrument preamps
- 1 x AES/EBU I/O
- 2 x ADAT I/O
- 1 x SPIDIF (Available through ADAT 2 port)
- 1 x Word Clock I/O
- 1 x MIDI I/O
- FireWire or USB operation
- TotalMix FX software with monitor management
- SteadyClock jitter suppression
- Intelligent Clock Control (ICC) retains sample rate in case of external clock failure
- DigiCheck software offers comprehensive tools for metering, testing, measuring and analyzing audio streams
- Stand-alone operation with setup recall
- Universal power supply ensures worldwide compatibility