PreSonus E5 XT Overview
Building upon the success of the original, the PreSonus Eris E5 XT Two-Way Active 5″ Studio Monitoroffers the same robust connectivity options with an updated driver combo and a larger ported enclosure. The Hugh Sarvis designed EBM waveguide delivers a wider and more controlled sweet spot, ideal for group listening and collaboration. The E5 XT utilizes 80W Class-AB biamplification to power the 5″ woven composite woofer and 1″ ultra-low-mass, silk-dome high-frequency driver, which combine to deliver up to 102 dB of continuous SPL.
The Eris E5 provides a balanced XLR, a balanced ¼” TRS, and an unbalanced RCA line-level input. Dial in the acoustic tuning controls for a flattened frequency response and an accurate mixing contour. The acoustic controls on the rear panel include Level, HPF, LF-Trim, HF-Trim, and Acoustic Space. The PreSonus Eris E5 XT ships with a power cord.
- 5″ woven composite low-frequency transducer
- 1″ ultra-low-mass, silk-dome, high-frequency transducer
- Coverage (HxV): 100 x 60° EBM waveguide and ported enclosure
- Tuning controls for accurate mixing contour (Level, HPF, LF Trim, HF Trim, Acoustic Space)
- 80W, Class-AB biamplification
- Balanced XLR, TRS, and unbalanced RCA inputs
- 102 dB maximum continuous SPL
- RF interference, output current limiting, over-temperature, transient, external mains fuse, and subsonic protection