Combining the best attributes of point source and line array technologies, the PreSonus CDL12 is a constant directivity loudspeaker well suited for fixed installations and mobile sound reinforcement for live bands, DJs, clubs, event halls, bars, speaking engagements, and more. The CDL12 offers consistent, coherent sound with focused pattern control and consistent SPL throughout the frequency response range.
The 15mm eucalyptus plywood enclosure houses a 2000W Class-D amplifier that powers the single 12″ (1000W) woofer and eight 2″ hi-mid frequency drivers (1000W), which combine to offer a frequency range (±3 dB) of 48 Hz to 18 kHz with a maximum SPL of 131 dB. With a 420 Hz crossover, the CDL12 minimizes comb filtering between the high-mid drivers and the 12″ driver.
Rigging CDL12 enclosures is made easier, thanks to the integrated pin-loaded rigging hardware. A dual-angle pole mount provides support for up to two enclosures, while up to six enclosures can be flown offering a truly symmetric 120 x 120° design. Up to five enclosures can be flown with one or two of the optional CDL18 subwoofers for extended low-frequency response.
Onboard DSP presets help facilitate simplified array configurations, or connect the array via Ethernet to enable WorxControl software for Mac and Windows, which provides compression, limiting, 800 ms of delay, and 8-band EQ with individually selectable filters (HP, LP, BP, Notch, High-Shelf, Low-Shelf, and All Pass). Speakers may be grouped and managed separately or together with remote performance monitoring indicators for temperature and signal levels. Additionally, the locking Ethernet connection allow the amplifier to integrate into Dante network environment. The PreSonus CDL12 ships with a powerCON power cord
- Constant directivity sound reinforcement loudspeaker
- Line array and point source technology
- Class-D amplification
- Total System Power: 2000W peak, 1000W program (500W RMS)
- LF Driver Power: 1000W peak, 500W program (250W RMS)
- HF Driver Power: 1000W peak, 500W program (250W RMS)
- 8 x 2″ high-mid frequency drivers
- 1 x 12″ woofer with a 2.5″ voice coil
- 48 Hz to 18 kHz frequency response (-3 dB)
- 131 dB SPL (max)
- 120 x 20° (horizontal x vertical) dispersion pattern
- Networking: Dante (audio and control), Control (only) (locking Ethernet)
- Mains Connection: powerCON In and Out
- User controls: Preset select, HPF on/off
- Indicators: Over temperature, signal, -3 dB, limiter, clip, network status
- Enclosure: 15 mm eucalyptus plywood
- Pole Mount: Dual-position (0 and 10°)
- Integrated Rigging: (10:1 load)