DJs and performers looking for the next evolution of a standalone controller will be impressed with the Pioneer DJ XDJ-RX3, an all-in-one DJ system compatible with the rekordbox and Serato DJ software and features two integrated USB-driven players and a 2-channel mixer with a control-panel layout borrowed from the CDJ-3000 and DJM-900NXS2 series.
The XDJ-RX3 features a 10.1″ touchscreen and delivers a high-resolution 1280:800 (WXGA), increased frame rate, fresh GUI design, and a host of new features for easy navigation, quick browsing, and accurate mixing. The system’s new screen also shortens track scrolling time as the browse section features 12 tracks instead of 8. Each deck includes a touch-sensitive jog wheel with integrated graphic display, eight multicolor performance pads, four pad modes (Hot Cue, Beat Loop, Slip Loop, and Beat Jump), and a long form tempo slider capable of ±6, ±10, ±16, and wide range settings. Additionally, each deck offers a reverse direction button, vinyl jog mode with speed adjustment, auto beat loop, and loop slice functionality.
The mixer section features gain trim, a 3-band EQ/isolator, and dedicated sound color FX for each channel. Global beat effects include delay, echo, spiral, reverb, transformer, flanger, pitch, and roll, while dedicated navigation controls allow for browsing and track selection for each deck. Located across the top of the unit are controls for microphone levels and EQ, booth monitor, and master level controls. The system can also be used as a standalone mixer with connections for CDJs and/or turntables. The XDJ-RX3 ships with a power cord, USB cable, and a license for rekordbox dj software.
10.1″ Touch Screen
10.1-inch touchscreen: instinctively browse playlists, mix tracks, and apply effects
- The XDJ-RX3 features a 10.1-inch touch screen, noticeably larger than the XDJ-RX2’s 7-inch screen, making it the largest screen on a Pioneer DJ all-in-one system. The new screen delivers a higher resolution 1280:800 (WXGA), increased frame rate, fresh GUI design, and a host of new features for easy navigation, quick browsing, and accurate mixing. The system’s new screen also shortens track scrolling time, as the browse section features 12 tracks instead of 8.
- Playlist Bank: Playlist Bank allows artists to add four playlists to the Playlist Bank for rapid playlist access and quick track selection.
- Touch Preview: Artists can preview any part of a track without loading it to a deck by touching its waveform in the relevant place in the browse section—similar to how an artist would on the CDJ-3000 multi player.
- Phrase Display: Phrase Display utilizes rekordbox’s track analysis technology to visually showcase track structure and music progression, with sections such as the intro, chorus, and bridge indicated on the overall waveform.
- 3Band Waveform: 3Band Waveform is a popular feature from the CDJ-3000 indicating the volume of the high, mid, and low frequency bands in rekordbox analyzed files with different colors. This indication allows artists to better understand the music’s composition by looking at the waveform. 3Band Waveform comes in addition to the previous RGB and Blue options.
- Pad Status Display: With Pad Status Display, artists can view the Performance Pad mode to know exactly what to expect before hitting a pad.
- Beat FX Bank and X-Pad: Artists can save their four favorite effects to the new Beat FX Bank to quickly activate the effects with a single touch. Also, for the first time ever in an all-in-one DJ system, the X-Pad integrates into the touch screen, giving artists a simple way to apply complex-sounding effects by swiping their finger from side to side.
- Countdown Timer: Artists can now set a timer to count down to a specific point in their set. For example, midnight on New Year’s Eve, the moment a vocalist is due to join a performance, or the handover to another DJ. The new Countdown Timer feature reminds artists of an approaching crucial moment.
- Repeat Mode: In the case an artist needs to leave the booth, they can play a track or playlist on repeat to keep the music going while away with the XDJ-RX3’s new Repeat Mode. This new feature is helpful in situations such as sound checks, saving artists from constantly going back to the booth to hit play.
Color On Jog Display: Visually Grasp Track Information
- The XDJ-RX3’s jog wheels feature a center LCD screen to indicate a track’s playhead position, along with an improvement in wheel rotation responsiveness. Artists can choose to display track artwork as a reminder that the track is loaded on the deck. Additionally, artists can adjust the weight of each jog wheel to their preference with the Feeling Adjust control.
More Beat FX and Sound Color FX: Texturize and Build Drama in Mixes
- The XDJ-RX3 includes all the effects from its predecessor, plus an extra six Beat FX and two additional SoundColor FX. The new system also features the full range of effects from the renowned DJM-900NXS2 with 14 BeatFX including Ping Pong, Filter, Phaser, Slip Roll, Vinyl Brake, and Helix, and six Sound Color FX including Space and Crush.
Release FX: Inject New Energy Into Performances
- Artists can hit the Performance Pads to instantly change the energy of their performance, whether they want to add drama to a section of a track, or create an exciting moment before transitioning to another song on the other deck. For example, artists might use Echo Out or Spin Out to dynamically mix into the next track. Choose from 8 effect types: Vinyl Brake (Short/Long), Backspin (Short/Long), Echo Out, Build Up, Mute, and Ducking.
Plug and Play: rekordbox and Serato DJ Pro Compatibility
- The XDJ-RX3 can play rekordbox-analyzed music from USB storage devices via Export mode, or artists can connect a laptop to use Link Export or Performance mode via USB-HID control. Because the XDJ-RX3 is a Hardware Unlock device, rekordbox Performance mode can be used for free—there’s no need for a paid subscription plan—so artists can play all the tracks in their rekordbox library and enjoy free use of all the features in the Core plan when a laptop is connected. Free plug-and-play compatibility for Serato DJ Pro is included too (coming in early 2022).
Natural Audio: Hear the True Sound of Mixes
- The XDJ-RX3 features a new circuit board audio design with new audio converters and a completely revoiced output to create a punchy low end and expressive mid-high frequencies. The updated unit design delivers sound authentic to the original source, allowing the audience to experience the music as the artist intends.
Refined Design: Add a Pro Look to the Setup
- With contrasting surface finishes on different sections of the unit, and a club-standard layout design, featuring illumination around the play and cue buttons, and color on jog displays—the XDJ-RX3 carries a look echoing a professional setup.
There are no reviews yet.