Rock and Roll Hall of Fame inductee Glenn Hughes, who has been an Orange Ambassador for nearly a decade, was for many years the bass player and vocalist with Deep Purple, who recently celebrated fifty years of definitive classic hard rock. Hughes is also known as the bassist and vocalist for funk rock band Trapeze, Black Country Communion with Joe Bonnamassa, California Breed and more recently The Dead Daisies.
The Crush Bass 50 compact combo, in spired by Orange’s flagship OB1 and 4 Stroke amplifiers, perfectly blends some of the most defining element s of eac h. It has the essentials of a practice rig with all the tone and features of a profession alone. The bass amp delivers warm, modern cleans, vintage grind, bold punchy lows, all the way up to full-on distorted mayhem. Plus, the limited edition is finished in a distinctive deep purple vinyl with a special silver coloured plaqu e ‘Glenn Hughes Limited Edition’ .
Talking a bout the Crush Bass 5 0, Hughes said: ‘You can go in the studio, take that bass combo and make your album with something like tha t, it’s truly out standing. It ’s gritty, it ’s punchy : sustain is so important and it’s certainly got all tha t.’ He added: ‘Orange all the way……..it’s the futu re , it ’s the way to go, you heard it from me!’
‘We are very excited to honour Glenn, he has played such a big part in British music history and heavy rock,’ said Cliff Cooper, Orange Amps CEO and Founder. ‘To make a purple amp seemed the best way to pay tribute to him.’
- All-analog circuit 50W bass amp delivers classic British tone
- Ideal for garage jamming/rehearsals as well as the concert stage
- Active 3-band EQ and parametric mid control for sound shaping
- Ported cabinet delivers ample low end from a small amp
- Redesigned 12-inch speaker yields classic bass tones
- Authentic-sounding CabSim headphone output for silent practice
- Aux input for connecting media devices
- Onboard chromatic tuner
- Special Deep Purple Vinyl color and silver Glenn Hughes limited-edition plaque