The Grand 88-Note Kawai Hammer-Action Keyboard with Ivory Touch from Nord features a weighted keybed with advanced triple sensors that capture the movements of the hammers with precision, delivering the smooth and natural feel of an acoustic grand piano. Incorporating performance features and hands-on user interface, the lightweight piano can be used for live stage, theater, rehearsal, and recording studio applications.
The keyboard has dedicated knobs and buttons for all essential functions in a live performance situation. You can create layers and splits, adding effects or transposing the instrument on the fly. The Nord Grand’s keybed is equipped with an advanced mechanism that offers control both when playing percussively as well as pianissimo, producing fluent repetitions and retriggering without lifting the key completely. The Ivory Touch surface gives the keybed an optimal feel and authenticity.
Furthermore, the Nord Grand factory bank includes 10 grands, 9 uprights, 10 enhanced electric pianos, clavinet, digital pianos, and more from the exclusive Nord Piano Library. Also, the Advanced String Resonance reproduces the intricate interplay of piano strings resonating at their fundamental or harmonic frequencies when other notes are played. This adds a rich resonant ambience of a real piano when playing with the pedal down.
In addition, the effects section incorporates a wide range of tweakable stereo effects modeled after classic stomp boxes. All effects can be assigned freely to the piano or sample synth section. Other features include: creative piano filters, Nord Triple Pedal with dynamic pedal noise, a soft release, 3 dynamic curves to suit playing style, and a sample Synth section of strings, brass, synths, choirs, and high-quality sounds from the Nord Sample Library 3.0.
Finally, connect your MP3 or CD player to the rear panel of the Nord Grand monitor input to play along, rehearse, or jam with previously recorded music without the need of an external mixer or sound system. The signal is also routed to the main outputs.
- 88-note Kawai Hammer Action with advanced triple sensors
- Ivory touch keys
- Seamless transitions when changing programs
- Layer and split with split point crossfades
- OLED display for excellent overview
- Support for Nord Piano Monitor
- 2 GB memory for Nord Piano Library
- 120 voice polyphony
- Dedicated piano filters for acoustic and electric pianos
- 3 dynamic curves
- Dynamic pedal noise with Nord Triple Pedal (included)
- Advanced string resonance
- Soft release
- 512 MB Memory for Nord Sample Library 3.0
- Dedicated Sample Synth section with attack, decay/release and dynamic controls
- High-quality stereo effects modeled after classic stomp boxes
- Reverb with three modes—Room, Stage, and Hall