A real workhorse bass, Lakland’s Darryl Jones Signature Skyline DJ-5 solidbody electric bass guitar gives you the feel and extreme tonal range you need to play any style of bass. Whether you’re a fingerstylist rocking out smooth low-end thump in an R&B band or a pick-slinging, hard-hitting percussive player who loves to jam out fast-moving metal bass lines, you’ll find the tone you need in your Lakland Skyline DJ-5. That’s because the Skyline DJ-5 combines the harmonically rich sound of swamp ash and maple with the wide tonal range of Lakland’s Vintage Wound single-coil pickups.
Based on Darryl Jones’s original custom bass
When Darryl Jones commissioned fellow bass legend Albey Balgochian to create his first custom bass back in 1985, the two began a friendship that gave birth to the original Darryl Jones Signature Model Lakland Bass. Decades later, Lakland is proud to offer the Skyline DJ-5, an affordable bass guitar modeled after Darryl’s original bass. The Skyline DJ-5 even gives you the same custom-contoured curves and special Vintage Wound pickups as the original US version, plus extra touches such as the bound fingerboard and elegant block inlays.
Lakland Vintage Wound single-coil pickups deliver clear tone with tons of definition
From tubby neck tones that are perfect for R&B to sizzling, aggressive, rock-style attack back at the bridge, the Lakland Skyline DJ-5 gives you an absolutely epic range of usable bass sound. That’s thanks to its pair of Lakland Vintage Wound single-coil pickups. These extraordinary single-coil bass pickups give the Skyline DJ-5 the kind of low-end clarity you’d expect from a classic bass, but with added bite and top-end definition. That makes the Skyline DJ-5 a great bass for a wide range of musical styles and playing techniques.
Ash and maple – an ideal bass tonewood combination
Beneath its remarkable duo of classic single-coil pickups, the Lakland Skyline DJ-5 bass features the perfect combination of tonewoods, giving you a harmonically rich and hard-hitting sound like no other. What’s more, its smoothly contoured swamp ash body makes the Skyline DJ-5 one of the most comfortable basses you’ll ever pick up, and its solid maple neck adds extra punch and sustain to every note you play.
- An amazing electric bass designed based on Darryl Jones’s (Miles Davis, Sting, Madonna, The Rolling Stones) original custom Lakland model
- An all-around workhorse bass you can use for any playing technique or musical style
- Specially contoured swamp ash body provides a resonant, full-bodied tone
- Rounded maple neck with bound maple fretboard feels amazing and delivers excellent sustain and punch
- Lakland Vintage Wound single-coil pickups give you classic sound with extra crisp highs and phenomenal low-end definition
- 5-saddle Lakland Dual-Design Bridge makes string changes fast and easy while accommodating a wide range of string types
- Additional fine touches include block fretboard inlays and matching headstock finish