Korg’s Pa series workstations have set the standard for professional arranger keyboards. Now, the Pa5X ascends the throne as the flagship of the range, further raising the bar for sound quality, playability, versatility, and sheer power. The top panel of this formidable arranger workstation features an assignable Pad Matrix, a Mixer section, multicolored LED buttons, and a large, tiltable touchscreen that put you in complete command of your music creation process. Powered by Korg’s state-of-the-art EDS-XP (Enhanced Definition Synthesis-Expanded) sound engine, the Pa5X leverages advanced hardware design and a powerful new operating system to deliver levels of sonic perfection that were heretofore not feasible. Available with 61 and 76 semi-weighted keys — or with an 88-note, fully weighted keybed for authentic grand piano playing feel — the Pa5X models are clad in a sleek aluminum chassis with wooden side panels that will stand up to grueling tour schedules while adding an elegant accent to your living room or studio. Plus, all the Pa5X keybeds are equipped with aftertouch for enhanced expression.
A large 8-inch tiltable color touchscreen occupies the center of your workstation cockpit. This comprehensive yet easy-to-navigate control center puts you in total command of your Pa5X. Whether you’re at home, in a studio session, or onstage, the screen’s shrewdly designed graphical user interface puts all the sounds and operational functions right at your fingertips. The display is color coded to match the programmable LED buttons on the control panel, facilitating quick selections and tweaking. It’s also bright enough (and of course, dimmable) to be read comfortably in any lighting conditions, and it can be tilted to optimize viewing from any angle, whether you’re seated or standing.
The Pa5X packs a whopping soundset with over 2,200 inspiring factory patches. You can use these production-ready sounds as is, but when you’re in the mood to create something entirely new, fire up Korg’s patented XDS Crossfade Dual Player. It features a unique X-Fader balance control that enables you to blend or crossfade between songs or sounds in any format; for example, Styles to MIDI files, MIDI files to MP3-files, or Styles to Styles. Add to that over 600 onboard factory Styles — all freely programmable and instantly recallable — and you have an incredibly powerful workstation for composing music in any genre. Composers are blown away by the Korg Pa5X. If you’re ready for a high-end arranger workstation to take your music to the next level, we highly recommend you give it a serious audition!
The Pa5X’s masterful design incorporates powerful cutting-edge technology that has been meticulously implemented to allow for the subtlest nuances to be massaged and brought out in your music. It all starts with Korg’s brawny EDS-XP sound engine, a triumph of software engineering that powers thousands of premium-quality sounds covering an expansive range of musical instruments and music genres, while delivering an unparalleled degree of sonic realism and expression. Under the hood are 24 stereo oscillators and 160 voices of polyphony, allowing for the realization of pretty much any patch you can imagine, as well as spot-on playback of even the most complex arrangements. The EDS-XP underpins an advanced system architecture that also allows for exciting new features such as Round-Robin drum and percussion performances, Smooth Sound Transition, Sound-Controller 3 functionality, and more.
Korg designed the the Pa5X for professional composers — and those who aspire to be. As such, it is equipped with the quality sounds, features, and connectivity that today’s professionals demand. With a bevy of optional premium accessories available separately, it’s also the nucleus of an expandable ecosystem that’s customizable to suit your personal workflow requirements.
- 61-key (C2–C7) semi-weighted keybed with aftertouch
- Powerful EDS-XP (Enhanced Definition Synthesis-Expanded) sound engine
- Streamlined, modern user interface
- 8-inch wide capacitive color TouchView TFT display, 800 x 600 pixel resolution
- Color-coded LED real-time controllers
- 9 assignable sliders, 9 assignable buttons, strip display
- Instant recall buttons: 4 Preset + 1 User settings
- Matrix Section: 16 Matrix Pads, 4 Preset buttons
- General Controls: Master Volume, Octave Transpose, Master Transpose, Dial, Up/+, Down/-, Joystick (Pitch + Modulation), Ribbon, 3 assignable Switches, Search, Shift, Keyboard Sounds On/Off, Split, Ensemble, Rec/Edit, Menu, Exit
- Scale Controls: On-screen Quarter Tone and Arabic Scale, memorized in the Keyboard Sets; Presets assignable to any button or footswitch
- Over 400 factory Pads, 4 Assignable Pads + Stop buttons; Pad Record function
- Advanced chord recognition; full chord-sequence library
- Over 200 factory Chord Sequences; Chord Sequence Recorder/Player; Chord Sequences may be saved to Style and SongBook entries
- Smooth transitions between Sounds, Styles, and Songs
- Patented XDS Crossfade Dual Player with X-Fader balance control
- XDS crossfades anything: Styles to MIDI files, MIDI files to MP3-files, and Styles to Styles
- Each player displays lyrics and score
- Create your own Styles and Songs
- SongBook, your on-the-go music library
- Complete sound library
- Over 500 Factory Keyboard Sets, freely programmable
- Onboard mixer with insert, master, final, and mastering effects
- Supports standard file formats
- User PCM Sample memory: 4GB of data (= 8GB linear compressed)
- Loads Korg, WAV, AIFF, and SoundFont formats; Saves Korg, WAV, and AIFF formats
- Full Edit, Time Slice, and Sampling features
- Double MP3 Player/Recorder (records MP3 files, including Styles, MIDI Songs, MP3 Songs, Keyboard Sounds, Pads, Matrix, Microphone, Guitar, and Effects); Transpose (+6/-5 semitones), Tempo Change (±30%); Vocal Remover
- Sleek, sturdy aluminum case with wooden side panels
- Internal system clock
- Upgradable operating system
- Included AC Power Cable, Music Stand, and Quick Guide manual
There are no reviews yet.