Audio professionals looking for a compact, versatile powered PA system and floor monitor will be impressed by the JBL PRX812W a 2-way, active loudspeaker designed for main PA and monitor applications with extensive Wi-Fi control over the onboard DSP. Well suited for event halls, bands, DJ systems, clubs, bars, schools, and churches, the speaker is optimized for full-range sound reinforcement or floor monitor applications. With its dual-socket pole mount, the PRX812W is designed to match the PRX818XLF subwoofer (separately sold), offering a high-performance, self-powered sub/satellite system.
The speaker utilizes two 750W Class-D amplifiers delivering a total of 1500W to the 12″ woofer and 1.5″ compression driver, which combine to offer a frequency range of 55.7 Hz to 20 kHz at 135 dB maximum SPL output, plenty of output to cover audiences of up to 300.
The built-in Wi-Fi offers wireless control of the system from anywhere in the venue using the free PRX Connect app for iOS and Android devices. The app controls levels, parametric EQ, user presets, and up to 50ms of user-defined delay to fine-tune your setup. The durable 18mm plywood enclosure is coated with an Obsidian DuraFlex finish and a powder coated steel grille with acoustical transparent black cloth backing.
- Built-in Wi-Fi for wireless control of your system from anywhere in the venue
- Free PRX Connect mobile app for iOS and Android provides wireless control over volume levels, 8-band parametric EQ and up to 50ms of speaker delay to fine-tune your sound
- High-powered 1500W amplifier delivers ample power to fill your venue
- JBL Differential Drive transducers for higher SPL in a lightweight design
- Next-generation JBL neodymium compression drivers
- Redesigned Crown input technology, including XLR, 1/4”, and RCA inputs plus XLR loop-through
- Intelligent variable-speed fan activates only when needed to reduce noise
- Updated tuning delivers flat frequency response and smooth off-axis behavior
- Durable wooden cabinets, tour-proven DuraFlex finish and dent-resistant 16-gauge grilles
- Universal power supply for worldwide compatibility
- dbx Type IV limiting ensures clear, accurate sound at high volumes
- Brutal testing regimen—including JBL’s 100-hour power test to ensure reliable performance