The Godin 5th Avenue Uptown Custom gives you that old-school archtop style and sound with enough performance features to meet modern players where they live. You’ll be greeted with rich tone and powerful projection the moment you pick up this ultra-light archtop; its Canadian wild cherry top, back, and sides — finished in a deep Havana brown — are full of soul and stage appeal. Plugged in, the 5th Avenue Uptown Custom issues vintage-tinged jazz and blues to PAF-style sweetness and heat from its Seymour Duncan ’59 humbucker and Godin Kingpin P90 pickup complement. At the bridge position, a genuine Bigsby trem equips the 5th Avenue Uptown Custom for haunting chordal and melodic textures to deep scoops and wild dives, all without wrecking your tuning. If you’re looking for a full-featured archtop with style and performance to match, check out the Godin 5th Avenue Uptown Custom.
Whether you play jazz, alt-country, or anything in between, the Godin 5th Avenue Custom is just the distinguished, tone-drenched guitar you’ve been looking for. Factor in the rustic-inspired beauty of its richly finished, figured Canadian wild cherry back and sides, and you’ve got a guitar reminiscent of yesterday, with all the stability of today.
Godin’s entire 5th Avenue lineup has been popular from the start and steadily catching fire ever since. That’s because Godin is making quality instruments from solid materials and sound construction techniques, and offering them at more than reasonable prices. This goes doubly for the 5th Avenue Uptown Custom, whose archtop nature relies on an impressive balance of tension and tonewood characteristics. The result is a guitar that looks, plays, and sounds like it wandered straight out of the early mid-20th century, but is built to the tight tolerances only 21st-century technology can offer.
With the 5th Avenue Uptown Custom archtop, you get it all: classic craftsmanship, modern features, and amazing sound. If you want true pro quality at a steal of a price, then you owe yourself the chance to try out the Godin 5th Avenue Uptown Custom guitar.
- Vintage-style archtop hollowbody outfitted for modern performance
- Canadian wild cherry top, back, and sides with elegant cream binding
- Silver-leaf maple neck provides great stability and the perfect bite
- 16-inch-radius Richlite fingerboard feels great in the hand
- Bigsby tremolo tailpiece delivers unique chordal and melodic ornamentation
- Tuning-stable Tune-o-matic bridge with roller saddles
- Seymour Duncan ’59 SH-1b provides a late-’50s, period-correct humbucker sound with chewy warmth and crystalline cleans
- Godin Kingpin P90 packs an attitude-tinged vintage tone
There are no reviews yet.