Dip into the creative waters of both acoustic and electric tones with the 050598 Multiac Steel from Godin. This updated model features a new headstock, top-mounted control knobs, and custom-voiced LR Baggs electronics for stunning amplified acoustic tone. The Multiac Steel begins with a beautiful mahogany body and a solid Sitka spruce top for a gorgeous, full sound unplugged or amplified. A smooth, responsive mahogany neck with Richlite fingerboard offers wonderful playability and response as well – ideal for a variety of genres and suited to both fingerstyle and flatpicking. A custom-voiced LR Baggs pickup system with a Lyric mic and Element under-saddle transducer along with a Seymour Duncan Lipstick pickup offer a dizzying array of tone-shaping options.
Incredible onboard electronics
The LR Baggs system onboard this remarkable guitar begins with custom-voiced electronics. In addition, an Element under-saddle transducer with a Lyric internal microphone captures all the acoustic resonance inside the 2-chambered body of the Multiac, giving it a truly miked sound. Adding more icing to the cake, the Multiac also features a Seymour Duncan Lipstick pickup at the neck for a more electric tone when you’re in the mood. And with an onboard preamp and volume and tone control, you can dial in multiband compression that provides a beautifully subtle, adjustable tape saturation simulation, giving your amplified tone just a hint of what long-time Godin player Doyle Dykes recently described in an interview as “warm harmonic distortion.” This entire system has guitarists lining up to try out all the tone-shaping options it offers.
Designed for play
The slim body of the Multiac Steel makes for hours of comfortable playing, especially while onstage. The 25.5″ scale and 16″-radius neck are complemented by a generous cutaway that offers great access to the Richlite fingerboard’s higher notes.
- 2-chambered mahogany body produces outstanding resonant amplified tone
- Solid spruce top for great high and midrange tone
- Mahogany neck and Richlite fingerboard offer great playability and response
- LR Baggs electronics with Element under-saddle transducer, Lyric internal microphone, and Seymour Duncan Lipstick pickup provide endless tone-shaping possibilities
- Top-mounted control knobs for volume and tone
- Slim body design makes for hours of comfortable playing, especially while onstage
There are no reviews yet.