Dynaudio Acoustics LYD 8 Overview
Styled in black, the Dynaudio Acoustics LYD 8 is a personal reference monitor designed to work for home studios, project studio, or anywhere in need of a powerful and accurate monitor. Its handmade design implements aluminum wire voice coils, along with a Class-D amplifier and a 96 kHz / 24-bit signal path that sports onboard DSP to bolster audio performance.
With a relatively lightweight woofer, the monitor secures a quick and accurate transient response, which is essential for critical listening and mixing descisions. Extending from 45 Hz to 21 kHz, the LYD 8 has a 8″ woofer and a 1″ soft dome tweeter. The woofer is powered at 80W, while the tweeter boasts 50W of power,
The monitor offers several options for tweaking the sound for your environment. Switches are provided for tonal boosting or cutting, to better suit your particular room placement. These switches are all detented, so you can easily match one speaker to another. An XLR input is provided for pro setups, while RCA is on hand for the hi-fi enthusiast.
- Nearfield Monitor with 8″ woofer
- Biamped speaker design with Class-D amplification
- 80W LF driver, 50W HF driver
- Bass Extension: Extend or curtail the low-end frequency response (-10, 0, +10 dB)
- Position Switch: One for freestanding orientation and one designed for speakers positioned within 19.7″ of a wall
- Sound balance to influence the overall response of the speaker
- Max. SPL (1m, Pair): 112 dB
- Crossover Frequency: 3.9 kHz
- Frequency Response: 45 Hz to 21 kHz