Dynaudio Acoustics LYD 7 Overview
Styled in black, the Dynaudio Acoustics LYD 7 is a personal reference monitor designed to work for home or project studios or anywhere in need of a powerfully accurate monitor. Its handmade design implements aluminum wire voice coils, along with a Class-D amplifier and a 96 kHz / 24-bit signal path with onboard DSP to bolster audio performance.
With a relatively lightweight woofer, the monitor secures a quick and accurate transient response, which is essential for critical listening and mixing decisions. Extending from 45 Hz to 21 kHz, the LYD 7 has a 7″ woofer and a 1″ soft dome tweeter.
The monitor offers several options for tweaking the sound for your environment. Switches are provided for tonal boosting or cutting, to better suit your particular room placement. These switches are all detented, so you can easily match one speaker to another. An XLR input is provided for pro setups, while RCA is on hand for the hi-fi enthusiast.
- Nearfield monitor with 7″ woofer
- Bi-amped speaker design with 2 x 50W and Class-D amplification
- Bass Extension: Extend or curtail the low-end frequency response (-10, 0, +10 dB)
- Position Switch: One for free-standing orientation and one designed for speakers positioned within 19.7″ of a wall
- Sound balance to influence the overall response of the speaker
- Max. SPL (1m, pair): 109 dB
- Crossover Frequency: 4.3 kHz
- Frequency Response: 45 Hz to 21 kHz