Dynaudio Acoustics LYD 5 Overview
Styled in black, the Dynaudio Acoustics LYD 5 is a nearfield monitor designed to work for home studios, project studios, or anywhere in need of a compact, yet powerful monitor. Its handmade design implements aluminum wire voice coils, along with a Class-D amplifier and a 96 kHz / 24-bit signal path with onboard DSP to bolster audio performance.
With a relatively lightweight construction at 12.6 lb, the monitor secures a quick and accurate transient response, which is essential for critical listening and mixing decisions. Extending from 50 Hz to 21 kHz, the LYD 5 has a 5″ woofer and a 1″ soft dome tweeter and offers several options for tweaking the sound for your environment. Switches are provided for tonal boosting or cutting, to better suit your room placement. These switches are all detented, so you can easily match one speaker to another. An XLR input is provided for pro setups, while an RCA is on hand for the hi-fi enthusiast.
Key Features at a Glance
- Nearfield monitor with 5″ woofer
- Bi-amped speaker design with 2 x 50W and Class-D amplification
- Bass Extension: Extend or curtail the low-end frequency response (-10, 0, +10 dB)
- Position Switch: One for free-standing orientation and one designed for speakers positioned near walls
- Sound balance to influence the overall response of the speaker
- Max. SPL (1m, pair): 106 dB
- Crossover Frequency: 5.2 kHz
- Frequency Response: 50 Hz to 21 kHz