Get yourself 13 hours of stereo recording time and a pristine sound with the BOSS RC-500 Loop Station, a looper pedal for electric guitarists and vocalists. Loop vocal parts and guitar parts for all your improvisations or songs. They’ll be replayed in stellar sound quality, thanks to the 32-Bit AD/DA engine and 32-Bit onboard DSP.
The pedal supplies 16 built-in rhythm its with 57 patterns, and 2 variations per pattern. This lets you use the pedal to create your own one-person band. You can apply effects to the loops for experimental, esoteric purposes, and you can add reverb to the rhythm parts. Store any pattern you like into a memory slot; you’ll have 99 in total.
The RC-500 has an XLR input for microphones. Use it to power condenser mics with phantom power if you so choose. You’ll also find a stereo 1/4″ path for instruments, as well as a control/expression jack and MIDI I/O over 3.5mm connections. Power the unit off alkaline batteries, or pick up a separately available AC adapter to run the RC-500 right off your pedalboard’s power supply.
Key Features at a Glance
- Advanced BOSS looping features in a compact footprint
- Class-leading sound quality with 32-bit AD/DA and 32-bit floating-point processing
- Stereo looper engine with 13 hours of recording time
- LCD with multicolor backlight for viewing loop status and editing parameters
- Reverse function for infusing loops with interesting textures
- 7 Seven different drum kits and 57 preset rhythms with A/B variations
- Support for expanded control via external footswitches, an expression pedal, or MIDI
- Full MIDI I/O provided with space-saving mini TRS jacks (BMIDI-5-35 adaptor cable available separately)
- Onboard storage for 99 phrase memories
- Back up and load WAV loops via USB