The BluGuitar AMP1 Mercury Edition covers everything from clean tones and subtle grit to aggressive crunch and screaming leads. Treat it like a 2-channel amp: the footswitch on the left switches between your clean channel and your choice of one of three crunch channel voicings (Vintage, Classic, and Modern). Use the tone controls to shape your “Global” tone or use the side-mounted controls to fine-tune the sound of the Clean, Classic, and Modern channels independently. Thanks to the Nanotube-powered output section, AMP1 Mercury Edition responds to your touch just like a tube amp and sounds incredibly punchy and dynamic whether you plug into a speaker cabinet or use the cabinet-emulated direct output.
Boost, Reverb, and Noise Gate reduce your need for extra pedals
Step on the AMP1 Mercury Edition’s center footswitch to engage the Boost for highlighting solos or otherwise adding intensity — you can dial in the appropriate boost amount and character with the side-mounted control. The footswitch on the right engages a classic spring reverb effect. When playing high-gain tones, use the built-in 2-mode noise gate to minimize noise and hiss without altering your sound.
Add the Remote 1 Foot Controller for maximum functionality
The BluGuitar AMP1 Mercury Edition is a complete amp solution in a compact frame, designed by guitarist Thomas Blug to give him everything he needs for great tone onstage. To take full advantage of the AMP1 Mercury Edition’s capabilities, Blug also designed the Remote 1 foot controller (not included) to provide advanced switching options. Using Remote 1 you can access all of AMP1 Mercury Edition’s functions and save your customized settings in four banks of nine presets each. The Remote 1 also offers MIDI out for your MIDI-equipped effects pedals and other gear: MIDI messages can be assigned to each patch, so you can switch your AMP1 Mercury Edition settings and your external devices at the same time. Remote 1 also offers Power Soak capabilities so you can reduce the wattage for cranked-amp tones at lower volumes and is expandable to offer advanced effects loop switching capabilities.
- Compact 100-watt guitar amplifier with Nanotube-driven power amp section
- Delivers the same killer sound as its predecessor but kicks it up a few notches
- Designed by world-famous guitarist Thomas Blug to be his ideal touring rig
- Amazingly rugged construction, with metal chassis and robust knobs
- Four selectable channels (Clean, Vintage, Classic, Modern) cover everything from ultra-clean to high-gain
- Footswitches for Clean/Overdrive channels, Boost, and Reverb
- Use it to drive a speaker cabinet, or run direct with the cabinet-emulated output
- Integrate your effects pedals with the built-in effects loop (switchable between serial and parallel)
- Delivers the feel and character of a tube amp, in a compact pedal format that’s perfect for travel
- Get the optional Remote 1 foot controller (not included) to store amp presets, adjust wattage, control MIDI gear and much more