Allen & Heath Xone:96 Overview
Building upon the success of the XONE:92, the Allen & Heath XONE:96 is a flexible, professional six-channel DJ mixer designed for nightclub and venue installation. The XONE:96 is updated with a dual 32-bit/96kHz soundcard with two USB connections for up to 24 channels of I/O. There are two independent headphone amplifier circuits with 1/4″ and 1/8″ connections that, when combined with the two separate soundcards, allow for some serious back-to-back sessions and seamless DJ transitions. The classic dual VFC filters (LP, BP, HP) offer frequency cutoff and resonance controls and have been updated with a “Crunch” circuit, which offers controlled harmonic distortion (pre-filter).
Channels 1-4 offer four turntable (phono) and four line inputs on RCA connections, while channels A and B feature balanced XLR microphone inputs and stereo 1/4″ line inputs. The XONE:96 is packed with sonic and performance enhancing features that include a powerful four-band EQ on channels 1-4 and a 3-band parametric EQ on channels A & B. Additional features include user replaceable 60mm VCA channel faders, and a replaceable innoFADER Mini crossfader.
Two mix outputs feature balanced XLR and unbalanced RCA connections, while the booth output features stereo 1/4″ connections. A stereo pair of RCA outs is available for recording the mixer’s outputs. Two stereo auxiliary sends and four stereo returns route signal to external effects and signal processors. The Allen & Heath XONE:96 is a professional DJ mixer and designed to surpass the expectations of the most demanding professional DJs.
- Analog Remastered
- Xone:96 draws upon A&H’s rich heritage to create an advanced analog mixer
- Engineered from the ground up to deliver the highly-regarded analog sound in a flexible, powerful format
- Xone:92 users will feel at home with the Xone:96’s layout
- All four main stereo input channels feature the latest incarnation of XONE 4-band EQ
- Stereo return channels A and B are fully-featured, and incorporate a 3-band parametric EQ design, giving you even more control over how you style your sound
- Dual 32-bit, 24-Channel Soundcard
- Two independent USB connections, each with 6 stereo inputs and outputs, offering a myriad of routing options
- Professional-quality 96 kHz/32-bit processing ensures the highest audio quality is passed between your laptops and the analog engine
- Additionally, the Xone:96 soundcard supports DVS control of Native Instruments’ Traktor Scratch Pro 2 DJ software right out of the box
- Dual XONE VCF Filters with Crunch
- Refined classic design, preserves its sonic signature while adding performance features
- Classic HPF, BPF, and LPF with resonance control and frequency sweep layout
- Crunch: Controlled harmonic distortion that sits pre-filter in the circuit, giving you a powerful new effect
- Route all six main channels to either filter
- Tuned for the Club
- Two independent headphone cue systems
- Dual soundcard allows for back-to-back performances and smooth set transitions
- Dedicated booth outputs with 3-band booth EQ for monitor tuning
- Complex, hybrid, multi-channel software setups will benefit from the simplicity of using a single USB computer connection
- Total Connectivity
- Loaded rear panel with four channels of RCA line inputs and RCA phono inputs
- 2 stereo sends, 4 stereo returns, and a dedicated master insert.
- Send 1 is switchable from Line to Hi-Z level, making it ideal for incorporating instrument level effects, like classic guitar pedals
- X-Link allows you to hook up XONE:K series controllers to the XONE:96 for hands-on control over software, saving USB ports on your laptop
- MIDI I/O via USB 1 & 2 + additional MIDI output from 5-pin DIN connector
- Premium Faders
- Features custom-designed 60mm linear VCA channel faders
- Balanced for smooth performance and precise control
- Innofader Mini crossfader with complete fader cut adjustment for the sharpest cuts
There are no reviews yet.